Saturday, July 27, 2013

Warlord (UK) - Issue 1

Continuing on our merry way we have issue no.1 of Warlord from September of 1974. This was one of my favourite comics and features the adventures of amongst others,Union jack jackson and Lord Peter Flint (Codename Warlord!)and i still have a load of issues in boxes in the shed and some on the hard drive. Does anyone still have and would like to trade/sell the club badge and wallet and accompanying paperwork?please get in touch if you do. In the meantime sit back relax and enjoy a read of a proper comic.and leave a comment if you like.thanks!
Warlord no1

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic read then and now....Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This takes me back. I remember going to the local newagents and buying it with my pocket money. Ah, they were care free days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Takes me back :) The special code book so you could read the messages.
    Warlord readers used to rival bullet readers....then they merged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12/8/13 14:29

    This was quite interesting; I grew up on the American version of these: Sgt Rock and Sgt Fury (and the Howling Commandos), but I've never previously seen the parallel comic depictions of the war from your side of the pond. I notice that this issue is very much in serial format "continued next week ..." -- was that the norm for comics in the UK? Is there any chance you could upload the sequel? I'm dying to know what happens next with the "wingless wonder"

    Thanks for sharing this,

    Davide Davidos

    ReplyDelete